The 2018 Wealden Writing and Photography Competitions are open for entries!
In each competition, there are two age categories; (1) Under 14 and (2) 14+. The theme for all competitions this year is:
THE WORLD AT MY DOORSTEP
The writing competition will be judged by Katherine May, author of The Electricity of Every Living Thing.
Your work can be in any style or form (whether prose, poetry, nature diary or other) but should be limited to no more than 500 words.
Entries will be judged by Kate Linforth, Wealden Literary Festival artist-in-residence for 2018.
Winning and selected entries will be published on the Wealden Literary Festival website.
The deadline for both competitions is 14 June 2018 and prize winners will be announced shortly afterwards. Please contact [email protected] for further details.
Photographs to be submitted as jpegs with file sizes of between 500Kb and 1.5Mb.
Entries to the writing competition to be submitted as a Word Document.
All entries to be submitted by email to [email protected] with the subject line “Wealden Writing/Photography Competition”.
All entries to include:
Full name of entrant
Address, including postcode
Contact telephone number
Contact email address
Age (under 14’s only)
Prizes – 14+
1st prize – a weekend pass to this year’s Festival
2nd prize – a day pass to either day of this year’s Festival
3rd prize – entrance to an event of your choice at this year’s Festival
Prizes – Under 14
1st prize – a handmade prize by one of our exhibiting craftspeople
2nd prize – two books of your choice from the Festival bookshop
3rd prize – a book of your choice from the Festival bookshop
Terms and conditions
- All entries to be received by midnight on 14 June 2018
- All winners to be notified by 21 June 2018
- A maximum of one entry per person per competition
- Wealden Literary Festival will have the right to use the photographs and written words on its website and in publicity
- The decision of the judges will be final
- The terms of the prize are not negotiable and cannot be exchanged for cash in whole or in part
- The winners may be asked to participate in related publicity