Roll up your sleeves for a weaving workshop, perfect for trying a new hobby, honing your skills or simply enjoying a day of getting tangled up in craft. You will weave your own large wall hanging. Join founder Shiv in a 6-hour wall-hanging workshop, where she’ll take you behind the seams of our sustainable textiles. Then it’s over to you. Working on a large frame loom, you’ll learn how to start and finish weaves, explore different fibres and craft a range of simple and effective techniques.
- All yarn is rescued from British mills. With every warp and weft, you’ll be helping close the loop on the fast-fashion textiles industry.
- Looms and tools are laser cut from environmentally friendly plywood in Brighton.
- Making things by hand has been proven to decrease stress, relieve anxiety and improve mental health.
- Feel the satisfaction of seeing your wall hanging hung up at home.
What is included:
- 6-hour workshop guided by Siobhan, founder of Shiv Textiles.
- A delicious seasonal lunch including Wealden’s famous tea, coffee and cakes
- All materials provided.
- Enjoy 20% discount on Shiv Textiles products during the workshop including weaving kit.
Level of experience:
This course is aimed at beginners.
Siobhan Martin is the founder of Shiv Textiles, an independent, Brighton-based studio closing the loop on the fast-fashion industry. They rescue deadstock yarn destined for landfill and handcraft it into fine homewares, lifestyle accessories and sustainable weaving kits for you to give a new life at home.